Sunday, December 29, 2013

Noname00

When it came to naming my blog, it did not take me much time to come up with one, I named it Noname00. It was (is) very apt. What would I have thought of it when I made it? It was just a way to postpone the naming ceremony. Then I thought I would come back to thinking something up, something more apt to call this blog. But of course I never did. Noname00.cpp, is the file name given to a file when you bring up an editor to write a code in TurboC. By the time I had acquainted with the editor I had made up to Noname10.cpp or even more. What is in a name? In magic if you could know the real name of a man, you could control him, you would know who he is. If one knows his own, then he has indeed found himself. It is the descriptor for a person, like the definition of a function, but then according to one's understanding of another man, he could name him at many levels. When we come closer to an object we simultaneously become vague about that thing too. I have heard people say that one could understand the whole of the universe by studying one grain of sand. For when we are abstracting some thing, we are actually defining something in great detail. The understanding of this relation between the micro and macro is according to me the greatest knowledge. Standing by that name I have never, in this blog, touched on any non-personal topic in any level of detail. So like a new file brought up in an editor, nothing is specific in this blog, no opinion is solid. No idea has been put forth, at best questions were asked, taken up to be answered and left half way through without reaching a conclusion. Topics have been changed half way through the article. But when I read an older post it brings up a bunch of emotions. The edginess of them kind of unsettles me, but some of it makes me wonder about what I am losing and what I am gaining through these years. There are themes that continue to interest me, elude me and I completely miss. Some are born, some die, some evolve, some are reborn. After all I write for no one, not even me.

No comments: